Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Time

My thoughts for this morning and the past few mornings........

So, today I unpacked box 1. Box 1 of just a few that are in a stack in a small corner of my garage. This small corner holds all that is physically left of my mother. Her presence was so big in my life and yet all there is now for me to see and touch is a small corner of things in my garage. I go through these treasures thinking of what she may have said to me while I try to find a special spot for each one. In just a little over a week she will have been absent from my life for 6 months. Time, how is just slips away.

Then I get to thinking about how I don't have much time left with my two blessings that day by day get more independent. Needing me less and less. Every night I think I am so blessed and overwhelmingly in love with two little boys. Each kiss that is, as of now welcomed, will soon be replaced with "aww mom" and "can you give a me a kiss before school, not at school?" How I wish each minute was just 2 seconds longer, so I could have just a little bit more.

Each day I read my Bible and read how the Apostles teach to hurry. Time is ending. Do it now. Learn now, love now. Then I think about a lesson I heard in church that said one incredible deception most of us believe, is that we have time. We can do it tomorrow, we can wait until we are ready. The time is not right yet.

Do we have tomorrow, Friday, next week, next year ? Who can answer that question? Yep, no one.

I hope God can fill me with more than enough love, wisdom, and peace that my time will be fulfilled in Him and anything extra is a blessing to someone in my life.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Such a great post Mary....because it's so very true and really makes you stop and think. How proud your Mom must be of you!