Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What the......

Ok, I have deemed it, that today someone is out to get me. Here are just a few events of the day

*On the way to Noah's school this morning, the car in front of me slams on the breaks, so I must quick stop on ice glazed roads - so I veer to the side and into a snow filled embankment. All this to miss a moose. Ok, whatever

*I had to get a shot of penicillin - yeah that's nice. I have a sore bum now. I also have this stuff I have to gargle that numbs everything: your tongue, throat, esophagus, etc. If you have really bad heartburn, let me know I'll ship you something that will for sure take care of it.

*On the way to pick Noah up from school, on the same ice glazed roads, the guy in front of me, his tire, rim and all, comes off of his car. Yep, completely off and he is scrapping pavement. So, here we go sideways down the road, to miss his crummy tire.

I am thankful the car is in one piece and my children are safe.

On an upbeat note...
I am doing laundry and I dump a load on the bed to fold. Noah asks is he and Caleb can play in the boat (aka the laundry basket). Sure. A few minutes later I hear Noah say, "Hold on Caleb". I go running to the top of the stairs. Too late. Caleb took his first and hopefully last boat ride down the stairs. He looked a little confused after his topple on the landing. That is where I found them, thank goodness we have a landing, and there is Noah saying, "You don't have much more to go, come on Caleb". Yep, the laundry basket is now put up in a very high place.

3 comments:

Jillina said...

I hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving! We missed you all so much! We need to catch up soon, it's been way to long! Love you!

Courtney said...

ha! I will remember that when we have stairs! :0)

Brandi said...

HA HA!!!! (not the slick roads part...that wasn't funny at all and I'm really glad you're o.k!) The "hang on Caleb" part is hysterical!!!! I can picture it all and imagine a couple of boys who'll be doing similar things one day. Love those boys!!!