Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Miles and Miles

We left Alabama on Friday Oct 12 and have been on the road, it seems, ever since. Friday we did a grueling 13 hours in the car to make it to Oklahoma. There we visited Mimi and Clara, Kevin's grandmothers. I have found while in Ardmore Oklahoma that I have found 3 great places to eat. 1 Miller's Hotdogs, 2 Wilson, and 3 Catfish Corner. In that order. Of course a trip to Oklahoma would not be complete without a trip to Braums. I think that place runs a tight race with Catfish Corner. Anyway, we left Tues morn and made it to Albuquerque, NM. This was just a stopover. We did not get to do much touristy stuff, but from what we saw, it was really pretty. Every time we told Noah we were going to New Mexico he would reply, "I want a quesadilla and rice". I think this comes from us telling him we are going to Mexico when we go out to eat mexican. Today we made the trek from Albuquerque to the Grand Canyon, AZ. We stopped at the Petrified Forest, that is interesting. I got some great shots of classic painted mountains and desert. All I can say for the grand canyon is amazing! It takes your breath away at first sight. All I could think was how amazing God was in His work. However, I felt like at the 12th point stop that it was all running together and we were seeing the same plateau, just closer and closer. Maybe it was the exhaustion, who knows. I am not posting pics, cause we can not find the card reader. No big surprise to those who saw our car right before we started this road trip. Who knows if I will even find it in Alaska. Our van is packed like we are the Griswalds going on vacation! Tomorrow we are going to Las Vegas with a stop at the Hoover Dam. Please continue to pray that we make it safely to Alaska. I will blog again when I can, now we need sleep!!!

3 comments:

JPJ said...

Loved the comments from Noah. You will continue to see such amazing scenery during your journey. Be safe!

phyllis said...

I am glad you are having a good time. give the kids big kisses from us here, if you can't stay sane have fun!!! miss ya

Jillina said...

Glad the travels are going well, can't wait to see pics!