Tuesday, July 24, 2007

All in a name

I don't think I could have picked a better title for this blog.

We are home, got here yesterday. Came back a day early because my HUSBAND was to go into work. Oh yes, my hubby-bub is BACK! Complete surprise to me and the boys. It was so wonderful.

About 12:30am on Sat I am completely asleep, so are the boys. I hear Noah cry a little and then I start to freak out. I see something black hovering over my son! I wear contacts, so waking up in the middle of the night is like looking through fogged up lenses. I am like what the.....Then I see Kev's face. Not sure if I am dreaming, I start saying "Kevin, Kevin. Is this real? " He just laughs a little giggle and says, "Uh, yes." So I jump out of the bed and grab on to him for dear life! And if you are ever at my FIL's house, watch out for that bed, cause I have a bruise the size of a grapefruit from stumbling over the bed post.
Kevin flew into SC on Friday afternoon, had some of our friends bring him his car (THANKS CRYSSY AND TONY) and then he drove all night to get to us. I thought he was on a mission so I am hugged up to my cell phone hoping for a call, I had not heard from him in almost 2 days. He was on a mission, alright, a mission to come home!

It is still hard to realize that he is permanently back. I am still in the mindset of doing all of this stuff alone for 2 more months. What a great weekend. I never thought he would come home.

Now, if you have been reading my previous blogs, you know that KJ has this moustache. AND I said he could keep it if he came home early. Well, he kept it. I did not say one word about this gnarly, thick, stache on his face or taking it off. I sucked it up and starting trying to find ways of liking his new "look". Yes, I took pics......will post them later.
Good news..........Sunday morning my hubby decided grooming the beast on his upper lip was too much work and he appeared that morn for church clean shaven. I had to control myself, cause I wanted to jump up and down and turn cartwheels. :)

Anyway, enough blogging today, I got some catchin up to do...............

1 comment:

Cryssy said...

I'm so glad he made it safe. I was so excited for you!! Even my mom was asking yesterday if I had an update on ya'll. I can't wait to see ya! I'm not feeling so chipper so it will be great to see all of you together. Yea!! I wish I could have seen your face.